Mental Health Monday
Mental Health Monday’s will be the day that we all can talk about mental health.
We will discuss our personal journeys with mental health, self-care and coping skills that can help.
It’s important that if you are experiencing mental health issues that you seek professional help. It’s also important that you utilize your coping skills to help you cope with your mental health.
Here is what I do to cope with my mental health.
1) Therapy: you can go to individual therapy with a therapist in your area. I go to therapy weekly. If you don’t have insurance you can use Open Path Collective for affordable therapy for $30-$50 per session.
2) Write: you can write your thoughts and feelings down on paper. I journal or Write a blog post.
3) Pray: you can pray to your higher calling whomever that may be. I pray to my Higher Power. My Higher Power is God.
4) Meditate: you can meditate daily or weekly. You can use self-guided meditations or just listen to calming music while you meditate. I meditate daily using my Insight Timer app on my phone.
5) Excercise: you can go for a walk, go to the gym or run. Exercising can decrease your depressive symptoms. I walk on the beach to help decrease my depressive moods.
6) Self-Care: you can hang out with friends and family, you can get your nails done, you can get a fresh haircut from your barber, make a vision board of your goals, go to the movies, travel or take a mental health day at work, scrapbook or cook. I take my sons to the beach or park to play while I read, I go to the movies, I decorate my Happy Planner, I binge watch my favorite shows, I travel and I meal prep.
There are many different ways to help you live your best life with mental health.
What coping skills have you used, that has helped you with your mental health?